As per Rule 6 of the Indian Forest Service (Cadre) Rules, 1966 deputation of IFS officers broadly
falls into two categories:
- Central Deputation
- State Deputation
Deputation of IFS officers to the Central Government also includes appointments in other Ministries,
Departments, Institutes, Academies etc. Deputation of IFS officers is also permissible to foreign
governments, UN bodies, international organsiations, NGOs, voluntary organisations apart from private
sector as per the above rules. For details may refer to the latest instructions of DoPT, GOI issued
in this regard which can be accessed from the IFS web site.
There are two schemes devised for the purpose of regulating appointments in Government of India and
organisations under its control.
Tenure of officers appointed as Private Secretaries and OSDs to Ministers regarding
Guidelines for the preparation of offer list for consideration for appointment to the post of Joint Secretary/ Director/ Deputy Secretary in the Government of India during the year 2013
- Instructons of DoPT on the proposal seeking extension of tenure for the approval of ACC
- Revised Standard terms & conditions for deputation of All India Service Officers.
- O.M. - Regulation of tenure of the officers on Central Deputation under Central Staffing Scheme - seeking of Cadre Clearance for appointments to Non-CSS posts on 'shift' basis.
- Central Staffing Scheme (CSS)
- Non-Central Staffing Scheme (Non-CSS)
- Consolidated Deputation Guidelines for All
India Service Officers
- Nomination of IFS Officers on deputation under CSS/non-CSS of DoPT in Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- DoPT Deputation Guidelines
- Deputation Orders