Other Specific Assignments
Capacity Development for Forest Management & Training of Personnel:
The component is an externally aided component aimed at improving training of frontline forestry force. The total cost of the component is Rs. 225.00 Crore for a period of five years is funded by the Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA). The loan component is of Rs.206.00 Crore and the rest is Central Plan component. The Project is being implemented in thirteen States namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Nagaland, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal. The states have been selected based on certain criteria, including non-existence of any external aided project in the forestry sector in the concerned states and paucity of training infrastructure. The scheme has two major objectives:
- To strengthen infrastructure of the forestry training schools of SFDs by:
- Improving existing State Forest Training Schools (SFTS)
- Establishing new training Schools in those States that do not have one.
- To strengthen training of frontline forestry personnel through:
- Syllabus revision.
- Building up a pool of Master Trainers / Trainers.
- Training of frontline forest force in the States.